Shazam Brella is a fraud transaction alerting service for your debit card. It is a free app that you install on your mobile phone. This app allows you to block and unblock your debit card in the event you would lose your card or suspect fraud. You can also check your balance or locate ATM machines near you.
- Go to either the Google Play Store (Android users) or the App Store (Apple users), or login to https://www.shazambrella.net/app/index.php
- If downloading the app, search for 'Shazam Brella' in your phone’s app store and install it.
- Once installed, open the app and set up a username. (Hint: Use the “NEXT” button on the lower part of the screen to continue after filling in information.)
- Set up a password. Password needs to include 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character (such as !, @, #, $, %, etc.) and be 5 – 32 characters long. Your password will also need to be changed every 90 days. Once you have created a password, hit “Submit”.
- Enter your debit card number. If valid, it should say “eligible”.
- Go to “Card Actions” (after the account balance). This is where you can set up alerts for certain amounts (high dollar transactions), alerts for internet/phone transactions, purchases made outside of the U.S., etc. You will be asked to enter an email address for these alerts to be delivered. Hit “Submit” or “OK”.
- Go to “Transaction Control” to block/unblock your card if it is ever lost or stolen. You will have to modify the expiration date when you receive your new card every 2 years. You also have the option to remove or add a card in the event you would close one card and get a new one, or have multiple cards tied to your account(s).
If you have any questions on how Shazam Brella can benefit you, please give us a call or stop in to the bank. We would be happy to address any questions you may have or provide you with more information on this great service!